Online Passport Apply: Passport is given to the citizens of the country by the government of India to travel foreign countries. You have to have a passport to travel internationally, otherwise, you will not be able to travel. Passport is also a proof of your being a citizen of India. The responsibility of issuing passports in India is with the Passport Service Portal of Ministry of External Affairs. It works under the Ministry of External Affairs. If you have to make a passport too then you should read the following information carefully.
Contents in the Post
Types of Passport: Types of Passports
Passport in India is of 3 types. One is Adult (which is of 36 pages), Second is also Adult (which is of 60 pages) and Minor (36 pages) for minors. Only these Passports are issued to the citizen of India.
All passport charges are different. You will have to pay Rs 1500 for the passport of the Adult 36 page. You get Rs 2,000 for adult 60 pages passport. You have to pay Rs 1000 for a 36-page passport for minors. These are compulsory and you must have to pay the fee.
If you request for an instant passport then you have to pay a sum of Rs 2000 as the extra duty/extra fees along with the rest of the fee. These are Rs 2,000 in immediate costs. Let us know how to do online passport apply in India.
Documents Required: Online Passport Apply
Friends before you do ‘Online Passport Apply‘, you should have all the documents mentioned below because you have to have all the documents in order to apply for a passport. Passport is a very important document. There is no scope for error in any way. The documents, are properly verified by the government which you are giving for the passport (Online Passport Apply).
You can attach these documents for address proof
• Aadhar Card
• Pan Card
• Voter card
• Gas connection papers
• Telephone bill
• Electricity bill
• Water bill
You can attach these documents for age proof
• Birth certificates which are given by the municipal corporation.
• School mark sheets or any other school documents.
How to Apply Online for a Passport?
- First, you go to the official website of Passport Services at http://www.passportindia.gov.in
- After opening the website, select the box “New user” (see in the lower blue circle). Click on this link, it will take you to the registration page.
3. Choose your passport office given in the options on the Registration page and enter your own name in the next box, put your last name (surname) in the next box.
After that, put the date of birth in the DOB column. (Date of birth should be correct).
After this, you have to fill in your email, password etc. Whichever information is sought in the registration form, it should be filled properly.
- You fill out your name, whichever is there in your documents, otherwise, your passport will not be fully valid.
- After filling all the information on the registration page, click on register.
- Now your account has been created, now you have to visit the Passport Seva Portal again and click on the Login button.
- Enter your email address in the login ID on the login page and click continue.
- After this, type your email address, password and the letters in captcha correctly.
- Now click on “Apply for Fresh Passport / Reissue of Passport” in the web page that will open in front of you.
Now we have two options-
1- If we want to download and upload the form after filling it then choose “Click here to download the soft copy of the form” option.
2- With the second option, we can fill the form online, if you want to do this, then select “Click here to fill the application form online” option. This is the most appropriate way to apply passports which also saves time.
- After that web page will open, you will have to choose from the given options according to your need- i) New passport or Passport Reissue ii) General or Tatkal If you are applying for a new passport then you will have to select the option of “new passport or passport reissue“.
- Then click Next, which will open the new web page. Fill up your essential personal information (like name, address, age etc.) and after completing the form click on the Submit Application button on the bottom right.
- Once the application is Submitted, log in again and click View saved / Submit Application.
- After this, you will be able to see your submitted passport application.
- Then click on Pay and Schedule Appointment.
- Now select the Online Payment option and click on Next.
- After this, select your nearest centers from the list of Passport Service Centers present in your city and surrounding area, from which you choose your option.
- Fill Captcha properly and click Next. In the next webpage, you will be able to click on Pay and Book Appointment and you will be redirected to the payment gateway, go there and pay. (You can use Net Banking, Credit or Debit Card for payment).
- As soon as the payment is completed successfully, you will reach the official website of Passport Seva.
- Now you will get Appointment Confirmation from Passport Seva Center.
- Now you can print out your Appointment Confirmation by clicking on Print Application Receipt.
- Appointment confirmation will require for entering into passport service center.
- Now with all your documents, you can get access to the passport service center at the scheduled time and get verification of your documents. It can take one to two hours.
- After Police Verification, Your passport will be sent to your house by simple post or speed post.
The expiry date of the passport is different. As the passport issued for citizens above 18 years of age is valid for 10 years. Apart from this, those under age of 18, passports are valid only for 5 years.
Hope you like the information given on “Online Passport Apply”. If you really like and think that it will definitely help you in future, then do share this post with your friends. And stay tuned and be in touch with our website for more interesting articles.