Contents in the Post
- 1 How to Change Name in Aadhaar card
- 1.1 1. Login to Update the Aadhaar Card.
- 1.2 2. After Login
How to Change Name in Aadhaar card
Aadhaar card is the identity card issued by the Indian government for every citizen of the country. It is constantly linked to government works and its importance will always remain, therefore it is necessary that you have an Aadhaar card. No matter whether you may or may not require it in the current scenario, but you will need Aadhaar card for many things in the future. If you made any mistake during registration of Aadhaar card, then don’t worry. Here is the procedure for change name in Aadhaar card
When we create Aadhaar cards, sometimes we make some mistake in our Aadhaar card, as the name goes wrong or some other information is filled in-correctly. If your mobile number is registered with the Aadhaar card then you can correct that mistake from home. You do not have to go anywhere for change name in Aadhaar card by clicking the Change Your Name button below and go to the Aadhaar Card website and follow the steps given below.
1. Login to Update the Aadhaar Card.
After clicking on Change Your Name, a page will open and ask for some information, then you will fill in that information as given in this image.
Step by Step Rules
- First, Enter the 12 digits Aadhaar card number in the box.
- Then in the text Verification box, fill the code given in the photo above, in text verification box.
- Now Click on the Sent OTP button and after clicking on the Sent OTP button, One Time Password (OTP) code will be sent to your registered mobile number.
- Enter the OTP code that came on your registered Mobile Number.
- After entering the OTP code, click the Login button.
- ID will now be logged in.
2. After Login
After login, a window will appear. Select the option to change the name in the Aadhar card and fill in your correct Name.
- To change the name on the Aadhaar card, click the box on the front of the Name.
- Then click on submit button.
- Fill your name correctly in the box in front of the name.
- Now click on Submit Update Request button.
- The moment you click on submit, you will see the details. If all the details are correct, then click on Proceed and if the details are not correct click on Modify and click on Submit Request again (After correcting the mistake).
- And click on the Proceed button again.
On the next page, you will have to upload your documents for verification: such as passport, driving license etc. for name verification.
- In the document, select the document that you want to give as the Proof.
- Then select the photo of that document and click the Submit button below.
Documents you can give as the proof for verification:
- Bank Statement / Passbook
- Post Office Account Statement / Passbook
- Ration Card
- Voter ID
- Driving license
- Government Photo ID Card / Service Photo Identity Card Issued By PSU
- Electricity Bill (Not Older Than 3 Months)
- Water Bill (Not Older Than 3 Months)
- Telephone Landline Bill (Not Older Than 3 Months)
You may also like
Gratuity and Gratuity calculation for the private company
Once you upload the document, click on the option of BPO Service Provider Selection
- Now you will see two boxes Aegis or Karvy. Click on either of the boxes.
- Then click Submit button.
Now your Aadhaar card has been updated and you can download the Aadhaar card as the Update request Complete window opens.
Friends, This is the full procedure for change name in Aadhaar Card. If you like this information on “How to change name in Aadhaar Card” then do share with your friends and family. also if you have any suggestion and solution for improving the website, then you all are most welcome. You can share your views via the comment box.